Kumpulan Tugas

Download powerpoint about Opinion by Mr.Nawawi


If you want to get my power point file .ppt about opinion, you may download at link below

Opinions
An opinion is the way you feel or think about something. Our opinion about something or someone is based on our perspective. Whenever we give or express our opinion it is important to give reasoning or an example to support our opinion.

E.g. sample of expressions.

Expression that are used to show personal point of view
In my opinion....
As I understand.…..
What I mean is….
From my point of view.….
In my humble opinion.……
As far as I am concerned.….
I think.….
I strongly believe that.…
According to me.….
In my experience..…
I would like to point out that.….
I am compelled to say..…
By this I mean.….
I reckon……


General point of view

Expressions that are used to show general point of view to avoid absolute statements
Most people do not agree…………
Generally it is accepted………..
Almost everyone………
Majority disagrees with………..
Some people say that…..
Majority agree with……
Some people believe…….
It is sometimes argued…..
Of course, many argue…..
It is considered……

Agreeing with an opinion

Expressions that are used to express agreements with an opinion
Of course.
This is absolutely right
I agree, I never thought of that
I agree with this opinion
Neither do I
I couldn’t agree more.
That’s a good point
I agree with what you are saying but have you ever…
I think so too


Disagree with an opinion
Expressions that are used to express disagreement with an opinion
I am sorry, I don’t agree with you.
I disagree with you.
I am not sure
I agree with you.
I think you are wrong.
I don’t agree with you
That’s not the same thing at all.
I am afraid I have to disagree with you.
It is not justified to say so.
I do not believe that.
I am not convinced that…
By this I mean…
I can’t say I agree with this, and here’s why…….



TASK I
Watch the video and listen carefully. Find the expression about how to giving opinion and asking opinion.
Intermediate Unit 5 Giving Opinions - YouTube.MP4
Giving Opinion
Asking Opinion















TASK 2
Match the opinion with the topic given below. You may use one topic more than once

Topics
Museum
Movie
Monorail
Hotel
Book
Restaurant


Opinion
Topic
1.      The graphics were absolutely awesome. Don't you agree with me?
Movie
2.      Even though the cover didn't look interesting, the story seems good so far.

3.      The space was very cramped and people kept on pushing, I think they should ask people to queue up.

4.      I think the food was very tasty.

5.      I had a very good meal; I would recommend the place to everyone.

6.      The room was not so good. I felt cheated.

7.      I felt it was really cruel when Bambi's mother died and I think the movie is not appropriate for little children.

8.      I totally agree with you that the chairs are of the low quality of the rooms.

9.      As far as I am concerned I will never come here again. The service was not so good.

10.  I agree this director knows how to get his audience engaged.

11.  You are right; the artifacts are arranged in the most amazing manner.




TASK 3
Fill in the blanks using the opinion expressions given in the box below.
1. I ________________ with you.
2. It is all right if you don't agree with me but I have every right to my________________.
3. As far as I ________________, I will not support bullying in my school.
4. I ________________ that medical care should be free for everyone.
5. Some people_________________ eating fish and yogurt at the same time causes severe skin disease.
6. I feel quite___________________ about this issue.

totally agree
opinion
am concerned
strongly believe
believe that
Strongly




TASK 4
Below are several opinions. Some of them use general point of view and personal point of view.
Then write GV=General point of view, PV= Personal point of view.


1.       
Most of all my friends think Cellular phone should not be banned in classroom.
GV
2.       
In my experience, Math is the most difficult subject.

3.       
I strongly believe that “Warcraft” is fantastic movie that is adapted from game.

4.       
Some people say that drinking orange juice right after brushing your teeth tastes bad.

5.       
Majority believe Super Mario is one of greatest video game character of all time.

6.       
I felt like I was getting drowned with shame and disgrace

7.       
I think the drama was awesome, the story line was amazing

8.       
Almost everyone use TransJakarta for transportation.

9.       
In my opinion Government should provide means of sustenance for under privileged people instead of building tall towers.

10.   
some people say that the drama made bored, because the time was too long














TASK 5
Come to front of class and chose one of the questions from teacher. Answer the question by giving your opinion.

1.      Should Cellular phone be banned in classroom?
Opinion: In my experience that should be banned because Cell phones can distract in classroom activities.


2.      Do you think Smoking should be banned in public places?
Opinion:


3.      Should children below 16 be given right to drive a car?
Opinion:

4.      Do you think woman should not work?
Opinion:

5.      Do you think Harry Potter series is much better than Twilight series?
Opinion:

6.      Should online gaming be banned?
Opinion:
First

1 comments:

Write comments
2 August 2022 at 16:51 delete

Thank you sir. This is really helpful for students

Reply
avatar