Kumpulan Tugas

Definite and Indefinite Article Exercises

I. Fill in the blank below with a/ an/ the/ or X  for word that do not need article.

Part A
My mother is (1)___ English teacher. I am a student. When I get home from school, I watch (2)___ programs on TV. That's (3)___ best part of my day. (4)___ Programs I watch are for children.  I am (5)___ child, so I think they are funny.

I'm (6)___ little excited because it's (7)___ Friday today. There are (8)___lot of good shows on TV today. (9)___ one I usually watch at 3:30 is about animals.  Also, I'm excited because my mom is making (10)___ rice for dinner tonight.

Part B
Moving to (11)___ United States was (12)___ most exciting thing I have ever done. I moved last year to (13)___ New York. New York is (14) ___ exciting city, full of (15)___ adventure. In fact, I met (16)___ famous actor on (17)___ bus yesterday!

Today, I have (18)___ job interview at (19)___ financial company. (20)___ company has (21)___ offices all over (22)___ world. I'm not sure that I have (23)___ skills to get hired. I hope so. (24)__ company's office is on (25)___ Main Street. That's (26)___ same street my friend works on. If I get hired, I could meet him after (27)___ work for drinks. That would be great. He's from (28)___ Scotland. He works 8 hours (29)___ day, 5 days (30)___ week.

Part C
I have (31)___ uncle who lives in (32)___ home for(33) ___ elderly. He is (34)___ honest man. He used to be (35)___ FBI agent. He once saved (36)___ one-year-old boy from (37)___ fire. He has many interesting stories.

He told me that he once met (38)___  alien from (39)___ space. This alien didn't need (40)___ oxygen to live; it didn't have (41)___ nose. That's (42)___ hard story to believe. I'm not sure he was telling me (43)___ truth. Maybe he isn't so honest, after all.

(44)___ stress can make (45)___ life unpleasant. In (46)___ day, I work at (47)___ office. (48)___ people I work with are busy, and (49)___ work we do isn’t easy. When I drive to work, usually (50)___ highways are really busy.



 II. Add articles (a/an/the) in the following text (Ten articles have been missed.)
The real battle in the Jakarta election will occur between Anies Baswedan and Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono as they will fight for same pool of voters, specifically lower-income people and Muslims voters, analyst has said.
“Support for Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama stands at around 40 percent in most polls […] and he will only need 11 percent [of the vote] to win election,” said Ray Rangkuti, political analyst with the Indonesian Civil Society Circle (Lima) in Jakarta on Sunday.
Ahok is Christian of Chinese descent. With deputy governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat, he is endorsed by Golkar Party, the NasDem Party, the Hanura Party and the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) with a total of 52 seats on the City Council.
Meanwhile, pair of Agus and Sylviana Murni,  the Jakarta governor’s assistant for culture and tourism, is backed by the Democratic Party and three Islamic-based parties; the National Awakening Party (PKB), the United Development Party (PPP) and National Mandate Party (PAN). They have total 24 seats on the council.
Third candidate pair, Anies, former culture and education minister and businessman Sandiaga Uno, is supported by the Gerindra Party and the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) with a total 24 seats on council.
Ray urged the two latter candidate pairs to not raise race-or religious-related issue to assail Ahok , as Jakartans disliked exploitation of religious-related issues in political matters.

Previous
Next Post »